We have received multiple inquiries regarding the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine that has recently received emergency approval by the FDA and CDC for 12-15 year olds. Based on the current tests and literature available, we believe that the same precautions apply to 12-15 years olds that have been released for 16 and older. We have included below the link to our original blog post on this subject. Please remember if you are on allergy shots to wait 24 hours in between your allergy shot and the vaccine shot and do not stop taking your allergy/asthma medications on the day you receive the vaccine. If you have food allergies or have had anaphylaxis to any foods, you should always have your two epinephrine auto injectors available at all times anyway and stay for observation following the vaccine for a full 30 minutes.
Recent Allergy News & Info
Recent Blog Posts
- A checklist and frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 year olds November 4, 2021
- 2021 Flu Shots Available Now! October 5, 2021
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds May 18, 2021
- Frequently Asked Patient Questions About COVID-19 Vaccine January 29, 2021
- Vaccination Pre-Registration Information January 12, 2021